Beverley Bishop’s new show Finding Magic uses a mixture of storytelling, humour, magic and film. A deeply compelling piece of theatre that is moving, amusing and magical.
Do you believe in magic?
In her beautiful and poignant one-woman show Beverley Bishop explores her progression through grief and healing as she tries to understand her own bereavement journey whilst seeking to find her magic again.
Following the loss of her son Jess, Beverley invites us to share in her new reality of unpredictable triggers, clichés and flashbacks, and the surreal humour she deploys to ‘make it through’. Finding Magic is a story of loss, longing, love and laughter.
Finding Magic premiered in October 2020 at Norwich Puppet Theatre in socially distanced shows. The performance was streamed via Zoom live from the Puppet Theatre, with a specially adapted show especially for an audience on Zoom the week after.
Here’s what people said about the show
- “Joyful, playful, a delight of an explanation into the realness of being a human with everything that entails.”
- “I found the show extremely touching and powerful”
- “Thought provoking. Fun. Melancholic”
- “Magical! Beautiful, moving, intelligent, magical”
- “Very moving & beautifully crafted piece of theatre”
- “Very emotional & moving. We all felt the pain and the joy.”
- “An uplifting emotional rollercoaster – thought provoking”
Looking for information for your venue or organisation?
Finding Magic is available for venues and organisations to book a show or viewing. Please see the Finding Magic Enquiries page for details.
This project has been Lottery Funded with thanks to Arts Council England